Once a jolly swagman camped by a Billabong
Under the shade of a Coolabah tree
And he sang as he watched and waited till his billy boiled
Who'll come a-waltzing Matilda with me?

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Some Bad News

(karen)
Well everyone, a bit of bad news. Steve and I have not been travelling well together lately and we need to take some time apart. The straw that broke the camel's back was in Auckland when somebody stole our daypack, including our camera with all our memories from the last three months. We had a big fight and decided that maybe we should go off on our own for a while. I'm going to be staying in New Zealand a bit longer and Steve managed to find a cheap flight to Fiji. I guess Australia will have to wait for another trip. In other news, everyone have a marvellous April Fools Day! Don't worry, we're still as happy as clams and are currently in Tasmania. When we get to Sydney we'll have more time to finish the remaining posts from New Zealand. Until then, happy journeys and if you happen to be working in S12, watch your back. Today is like Christmas for Russell!

7 Comments:

Blogger Russell said...

I must say the people of S12 are lucky this year since April Fool's fell on a Saturday. I wasn't too happy about that. Luckily, for me, everyday is April Fool's Day. :)

6:08 AM

 
Blogger CK said...

Oh my god, you are EVIL!!!! I believed you!!! I don't know why I did, but I did!! I thought the stresses of overseas travel had torn you asunder. BAD MONKEYS!!

Well, I'm glad that your camera and marriage are safe and that you'll have a giggle that your ruse succeeded. Have fun in Tasmania!

5:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear about the last few days in NZ. Now that you are in Aussie I don't have to pay attention to your blog any more! You know the problem with Autralia....there are too many Australians in it! Happy late April Fools!

8:10 AM

 
Blogger The Icklers said...

We knew you were joking because if your marriage can survive Steve's mullet then it can survive anything : )

11:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You stupid monkeys!

I had to go through the comments---while at the same time I was booking a flight to Fiji to pick up the stupid husband and bring him back to his beautiful wife---to realize you were joking!

Please consider we italian don't have the expression April Fool's Day (we call it the April Fish). It was so horrible...please be careful next time. I am getting too old for this.

Have a nice trip to Aussie!

your favourite italian stallion

11:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some sad news...I had to have Jack put down because of renal failure. Reggie has been completely listless without him and I'm a basket case. Also, my mom has taken a turn for the worse and Dad's freaking out having to deal with her in the hospital and the death of Misty. Oh yeah, Sharon has officially kicked Dave out.


April Fool back at'cha!!!!!!!

6:10 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve,
Be cool bud. Things can be replaced but relationship can't. Women is always right even if they're wrong! Relax, take a deep breath, after all your trip is a vacation, not like work where deadline must be met ...

The sloshman

2:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home