Once a jolly swagman camped by a Billabong
Under the shade of a Coolabah tree
And he sang as he watched and waited till his billy boiled
Who'll come a-waltzing Matilda with me?

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

What's This? What's This? There's White Things in the Air!

(karen)
My dreams have come true at last! The first snow of the season fell today and I've been insanely giddy towards all who cross my path. It began as that delicious change-of-seasons snow with wet, gargantuan flakes. It wasn't quite freezing during the day so despite the blizzardy appearance everything melted when it hit the ground. Later in the afternoon and into the evening, however, as the temperature dropped, the snow got much more powdery and began sticking. Shown below is a photo diary of my blissful day. It doesn't get much better than this.

Insanely pleased with the weather Let's get this party started

Snowy roses Care to join me for a swing?

Mind the steps My little green Prius

I bet I have to shovel this tomorrow

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come there is now photo of a Snowman?

5:30 AM

 
Blogger Russell said...

I'm ready to see a snowman, too. Slap on those shoes and get to work!

Hey, finally, that mountain silhouette on your Prius makes sense again.

9:48 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminds us how happy we are that we no longer have to drive on that pretty stuff!
Love, Vegas Granny

12:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home