Once a jolly swagman camped by a Billabong
Under the shade of a Coolabah tree
And he sang as he watched and waited till his billy boiled
Who'll come a-waltzing Matilda with me?

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Batman!

(karen)
I've told you about the mighty bats of Sydney but I'm afraid many of you have failed to grasp the sheer size of these flying rodents. They are about the size of seagulls. There are hundreds of them that patrol the night skies, keeping our Aussie Gotham free from the seedy underbelly of the insect world. And I think they are just about the coolest kids on the block. After several failed attempts, I managed to get this shot of a bat friend as he was drinking from the pond at Darling Harbour.

bat

(Too bad their eyes don't really glow like demons, that would be awesome)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

With all the bats there must be bat guano. Do parts of the city smell where there is a larger concentration of bats?

7:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home