Once a jolly swagman camped by a Billabong
Under the shade of a Coolabah tree
And he sang as he watched and waited till his billy boiled
Who'll come a-waltzing Matilda with me?

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Working Stiff

Sunrise from our deck

It’s been a long time since my last post but much has happened over the last month. Most importantly, we officially closed on our house! There was a wee bit’o’drama that I won’t go into here, suffice it to say that all’s well that ends well and this ended well indeed. We are absolutely loving the house, the yard, the view, the two decks, and everything in between. I love that I can’t physically throw a tennis ball from one end of the yard to the other for the dogs (though I got a new gym membership). I love that my furniture suddenly looks classier than it did at the homestead back in LA. I love that I have a basement and that I can actually park in my garage. I love that I can see the glow from the Red Rocks Amphitheater from my bedroom window. It’s quite windy here on the edge of the foothills; so much so that the walls bow from the pressure and our welcome mat keeps flying away, but it’s kind of fun. We haven’t had any snow since we moved in but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Our breakfast nook Sunset on the Rockies

In other news, I have once again joined the ranks of the employed. I accepted a contract position to work at Lockheed Martin on the CEV program in the structures group. Steve works just down the hall from me so we are able to carpool and eat lunch together (yes I know, how cute). We are located at Lockheed’s South Park facility, which entertains me to no end. “Goin’ down to South Park…” My first day was Monday and like starting any new job, I’ve been bored. Everyone else is frantically running around trying to finish charts and models, telling me to entertain myself until after the Thanksgiving holiday when they’ll have time to get me caught up. I took their advice and did just that, entertaining myself by modeling my desk, monitor and mug. Not too shabby, eh?

My new office

Everyone please have a safe Thanksgiving this year and let’s remember the lessons of the wise Alton Brown:
Brine, don’t baste your turkey

1 Comments:

Blogger Russell said...

Congrats on the new home! That's excellent. I still can't get a good measure of how large your yard is since you throw like a girl. :) How great is that sunset shot you got?

Congrats also on your new job. I'll bet you're pretty excited to do some actual work this week...won't be long until you are ordering them around. Go Ferg!

11:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home